Citrus Pudding

Citrus Pudding

Friday 6 January 2012

Introduction

Hello

Blogging was not my idea, but my boyfriend's.  He thinks it will be a great idea and that the ideal job for me would be a food writer and I would absolutely love that; I am mad about food.  I am the kind of person who thinks about tea when I have just had my breakfast and spends journeys to and from places planning menus. The other day my flat got invaded by boys, and as I sat at our dining room table watching these guys take over my sofas and play PS games before heading out, one of our friends asked me what I was day dreaming about and I began to laugh because this was my reply.....

"If I was on Masterchef and I had to do a twist on a classic, my classic would be Salmon en Croute, but my twist would be that it would be a mille feuille....a pastry base with a piped smoked salmon mousse and a small piece of salmon, followed by another layer of pastry, smoked salmon mousse and some prawns, and depending how tall it was another layer with salmon in again, with a tiny jug of holandaise on the side and depending on the season of course, then asparagus."

I don't think he was expecting that response, but then again, maybe he was, everyone knows what I am like.

You may be wondering where the name has come from....I always loved creative writing at school, it was my favourite subject within English and I have always been an avid reader and I would say that I have a fairly wide imagination and my Mother would say very active as well. I am the type of person who won't go running on their own in case some evil being tried to kidnap me, not because I live in a particularly dangerous place, but because the thought occurred to me that if this were to happen I would be so knackered from the effort of running that I wouldn't have the physical ability to run any faster. Or the type of person that bolts the door after her boyfriend if he goes out for the night and won't let him back in when he comes home unless he gives me the password, which is a big ask from someone who is inebriated ....especially when the password changes every time he goes out.  You may be thinking what happens if he forgets...and yes he has done on occasion and to the great delight of my sister, who has been on the phone when this has happened I then put him through a barrage of intense questioning until I was satisfied that he was who he said he was and eventually let him in. So that's where the "neurotic" comes from, because according to the dictionary definition neurotic means:

"related to or caused by a neurosis"

which in turn means:

"a nervous disorder, unaccompanied by disease of the nervous system, in which phobias, compulsions, anxiety and obsessions make normal life difficult"

The "Ramblings of"comes from part of a book title I had an idea for, because my Mum and Grandma always told me I should put my imagination to good use and write a book, though I doubt it is something I will ever do, even if we are all supposed to have at least one book in us.

So that is me down to a tee. Apart from being a slight fruit loop, I am a twenty something massive foodie with a garlic allergy, which means, I have to make the majority of things from scratch, which has just made me a better cook, because I can't take short cuts with ready made sauces etc

Here will be my food blog, but that's not to say I won't add in blogs about my books that I have been reading or a show I have been to see or general comments about... all sorts really, but predominently, this will be about food, my opinions of food, and chefs and recipes and what I am eating and why and I hope you like it and even try some of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment